If you want an amazing cocktail on St. Pete Beach, come see us at Burger-ish on Gulf Blvd by the Publix in Dolphin Village. Come enjoy an expertly prepared mixed drink, have the number one burger on St Pete Beach, and watch the game or enjoy the sunshine on our patio.
What Is a Cocktail?
According to Merriam Webster, a cocktail is “a usually iced drink of wine or distilled liquor mixed with flavoring ingredients.”
Why Is it Called a Cocktail? | How Cocktails Got Their Name
It is unknown where the word cocktail truly came from, but there are three theories.
- Cock tailings was a phrase for the bottom of the barrel dregs (tailings) that were combined and sold at a discount. The cock part of the term is slang for the tap of the barrel.
- The second theory is that the mispronunciation of the French word coquetier is where cocktail stemmed from. A coquetier is an eggcup. An apothecary named Antoine Amédée Peychaud served brandy with his Peychaud bitters in coquetiers.
- The third theory come from cock tail, which was a phrase used to describe a tail that was similar to a rooster’s. It was typically used when referring to docked tails on horses. The actual association of how cock tail became cocktail, an alcoholic mixed drink is unknown.
What Is the Most Popular Cocktail?
The Margarita is the most popular cocktail in America and the world.
What Are the Top Ten Cocktails in America?
In alphabetical order these are the top ten cocktails in the United States.
- Cosmo aka Cosmopolitan: vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, lime juice
- Daiquiri: original recipe: white rum, simple syrup, lime juice, chilled. Today they are often frozen and served in a variety of flavors.
- Espresso Martini: espresso, coffee liqueur, vodka
- Manhattan: rye whiskey, Italian vermouth, bitters
- Margarita: tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur (triple sec, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier), served frozen or on ice often with a salted rim
- Mojito: white rum, lime juice, sugar, mint leaves, club soda or seltzer, simple syrup, served with ice
- Moscow Mule: vodka, lime juice, ginger beer, served with ice
- Negroni: gin, Campari, sweet red vermouth, served with ice
- Old Fashioned: bourbon or rye whiskey, bitters, sugar, water, served with ice
- Whiskey Sour: bourbon, lemon juice, simple syrup, served with ice
Which Cocktails Are Shaken?
Generally if a cocktail has citrus, cream liqueur, dairy, egg, or fruit juice in it, it is shaken. Typically, cocktails that are mainly or solely spirits are stirred, rather than shaken.
Which Cocktails Are the Strongest?
In the United States, the strongest cocktails are the Zombie, Long Island Iced Tea, Manhattan, Martini, and Negroni,
Which Cocktails Have the Least Calories?
If you are looking for a cocktail that is low in calories, go for Bourbon or Rum and Diet Soda, Vodka Soda, or Gin and Soda.
Can Cocktails Make You Drunk?
Cocktails contain liquor so, yes, they can definitely make you drunk. In fact, the great taste of many cocktails masks the liquor and can unintentionally cause over-drinking. So, take it easy and rotate strong cocktails with water.
Best Cocktails on St Pete Beach
Looking for the best cocktails on St. Pete Beach? Check out the fantastic mixed drinks at Burger-ish. Choose from our world-class margaritas and mojitos and much more. Or if you have your own favorite mixed drink, our mixologist can make it for you. We also have beer and wine if that is more to your liking.
Premium Cocktails at Burger-ish
Our Margaritas are made with Patron Silver Tequila. Choose from mango, strawberry, or traditional.
Our Mojitos are made with Bacardi Rum. Choose from coconut, cucumber, mango, pineapple, strawberry, or watermelon.
Our Rum Runner is made with Bacardi Superior Light Rum, Bacardi Black Rum, Creme de Banana liqueur, a splash of grenadine, fresh lime, and orange and pineapple juices.
Our Coco Loco is made with Grey Goose Vodka, Bacardi Superior Light Rum, Patron Silver Tequila, lime juice, and coconut cream.
Our Cuba Libre is made with Bacardi Superior Light Rum and Cola.
Our Hurricane is made with Bacardi Rum, passion fruit syrup, and lemon juice.
Our Lem-osa is made of Seaglass Pinot Grigio, fresh peeled lemons, agave, and mint.
Our Sangria is made with house-made red wine and garnished with fruit.
Our Sex on the Beach is made with Grey Goose Vodka, Peach Schnapps, and orange and cranberry juices.
Our Rum Punch is made with the finest Bacardi Rums and our secret house recipe.
Come on out to Burger-ish on St. Pete Beach and enjoy our fine cocktails and have the best burger on the beach!