Come out to Burger-ish Bar and Grill for some cold beer with friends. Share some great appetizers like our Chicken Wings, Chicken and Tostones, Coconut Shrimp, Nassau Nachos and Crab Cakes and watch the game. Don’t forget to try the best burger on Saint Pete Beach while you’re there!
What Is Beer?
Beer is brewed by fermenting starches, typically from malted barley, wheat, corn, and/or rice). Modern beer is usually brewed with hops which imparts flavor and helps preserve it as well.
Who Invented Beer?
Because beer, or ale, came about so long ago it is unknown who invented beer.
Where Did Beer Originate?
The earliest evidence of fermentation is over 13,000 years old! This archeological find occurred at the Raqefet Cave in the Carmel Mountains in Israel.
When was the First Brewery Opened in America?
The first brewery in America opened in the early 17th century. It was located in what is now New York City. However, beer was brewed by indigenous people much earlier, and the oldest record of beer being made by non-indigenous people in the U.S. was in 1587.
What Is the Oldest Brewery in the United States Still in Operation?
Yuengling is the oldest brewery in America that is still in operation today. Yuengling opened in Pottsville, PA in 1829.
What Are the Oldest Breweries in the U.S.?
- DG Yuengling & Son was founded by a German immigrant named David Gottlieb Yuengling in 1829 in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. Yuengling was originally called Eagle Brewery. It is still run by Yuengling’s descendents today.
- Pabst Brewing Company was founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin by German immigrant, Jacob Best in 1844. It was originally called The Empire Brewery and later Best and Company before settling on Pabst Brewing Company in the 1860’s.
- Minhas Craft Brewery was founded in 1845 in Monroe, Wisconsin. It has been called Joseph Huber Brewing Company and Blumer Brewing Company.
- Anheuser-Busch was founded in St. Louis, Missouri in 1852 by George Schneider, a German-American brewer. In 1860, Eberhard Anheuser took over the brewery and was later joined by Adolphus Busch who was Anheuser’s son-in-law.
- Miller Brewing Company was founded by German immigrant Frederick Miller in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1855. It was initially called the Plank Road Brewery.
What Are the Ten Most Popular Beers in America?
The best selling beers in America are Budweiser, Miller Lite, Michelob Ultra, Coors, Corona, Heinekin, Natural Light, Busch Light, Bud Light, and Modelo. Stella Artois and Yuengling Lager are the next most popular beers in the United States.
How Many Types of Beers Are There?
There are over 50 different types of beer world-wide. The most popular types of beer are Ale, American Pale Ale (APA), Belgian-style, India Pale Ale (IPA), Lager, Pale Ale, Pilsner, Porter, Stout, and Wheat. However, there are two main categories of beer. These are Ales and Lagers.
Is Beer the Most Popular Alcoholic Drink?
There is no surprise that beer is the most popular alcoholic drink in the United States, but it is also the most popular alcoholic beverage in the world. In fact, beer is the third most consumed drink in the world after water and tea!
Is Beer Healthy?
Beer can be relatively healthy in moderation, but in general, we wouldn’t say that beer is healthy. However, beer is a good source of potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, niacin, and folate. Darker beers typically offer more antioxidants than lighter beers.
What Is the Best Beer?
The best beer is the beer YOU like the best. Otherwise, it is purely opinion. You may like to stick with one beer all the time, or you may like to switch it up depending on what you are doing, eating, or what time of the day it is. And that is all fine! Choose YOUR best beer, not anyone else’s! However, we will say draft beer is definitely the best versus canned and even bottled beer, but not everyone will agree on that either.
Is Beer Alcoholic or Not?
Typically beer is alcoholic, but there are non-alcoholic beers available as well. Most alcoholic beers range in alcohol by volume (ABV) from 3 to 10%, but there are stronger and weaker beers on the market.
Best Place to Get a Beer St. Pete Beach
The best place to grab a couple beers on St. Pete Beach is Burger-ish. This St. Pete Restaurant and Bar and Grill is famous for their burgers, but their sliders, chicken and tostones, coconut shrimp, Cuban sandwich, crab cakes, and coconut flan are fan favorites too. They also offer wine and premium cocktails, a great atmosphere, televised sports, on-site games and activities, amazing service, live music, and even a once monthly comedy show.